Residents of Fort Leavenworth are zoned to attend USD 207 through grade 9. Online enrollment is now open for the 2023-24 School Year.
**A local address is not required to begin this process.***
Documents Required for Enrollment
- Proof of Residency Form (Provided by Housing Office upon arrival.)
- Birth Certificate (Preschool, Kindergarten, and First Grade.)
- Immunization Record
- Completed Physical Forms (If the student is NEW to Kansas schools and age 8 or younger; 7th-9th grade students participating in sports/cheerleading - must be dated after May 1, 2023.)
- Report Card (From sending school.)
- Special Education/504 Records (If applicable.)
- Kindergarten - Five years old on or before August 31 of the school year
- First Grade - Six years old on or before August 31 of the school year
- Three- and four-year-old preschool programs operate on a half-day schedule, have set capacities, and require Fort Leavenworth residency for the entire school year.
- Upon arrival, a Proof of Residency Form, provided by the Housing Office, must be submitted to complete enrollment.
- Three-year-old preschool - Three years old on or before August 31 of the school year
- Four-year-old preschool - Four years old on or before August 31 of the school year
- If classes are at capacity in your neighborhood school when enrollment is completed, you may be offered placement in another elementary building or be placed on a waiting list.
- The parent/guardian is responsible for providing transportation to/from preschool programs.
- Step Up to Kindergarten will take place in early August of each year.
- Kindergarteners in USD 207 will operate on a half-day schedule for approximately two weeks at the beginning of the academic year.
- Kindergarten in Kansas
Residents of Fort Leavenworth are zoned to attend USD 453 (Leavenworth High School) for grades 10-12.
- Leavenworth USD 453 Enrollment
- Transportation Enrollment - USD 207 provides transportation to and from Leavenworth High School for students in grades 10-12 at no cost. Students attending 9th grade at Leavenworth High School are provided transportation for a fee.
Our virtual tours provide an opportunity for students to gain familiarity with their new school environment before the school year begins.
We hope your experience with the Fort Leavenworth School District has been positive and memorable!
If you intend to withdraw your child before the end of the academic year, please ensure you:
- Notify your School Office
- Request Educational Records
- Request Special Education Records, if needed
*For non-returning students to receive credit for the full 2023-24 academic year, students must attend through and including May 10, 2024.
All Service Members departing Fort Leavenworth are required to verify school accounts are in good standing as part of their out-processing checklist. Please stop by the District Office at 207 Education Way to receive a clearing letter.
What advice would you give to incoming families?
What is unique about transitioning into USD 207?
How is connection encouraged within the district?
Academic Growth and Achievement
The Fort Leavenworth School District is proud to be one of three Kansas public school districts recognized by the state board of education in April 2023 for demonstrating a major commitment to supporting students and families connected to our nation’s military.