Volunteering at USD 207
At the Fort Leavenworth School District, we encourage family involvement and support in our school buildings. Family members and sponsored unit volunteers are invited to participate in our many engagement opportunities throughout the year. To ensure the safety of our students and staff, all visitors and volunteers will be screened before each visit utilizing the Visitor Aware Visitor Management System.
A school volunteer is present in the school for a pre-arranged purpose, donating time and expertise to support USD 207 students and staff. Examples of school volunteers are individuals that:
- Attend Site Council Meetings
- Chaperone Field Trips
- Support Book Fairs
- Read to Classrooms
- Support School-Wide or District-Wide Events
Individuals interested in volunteering with USD 207 may begin the application process by:
- Reviewing the USD 207 Volunteer Guidance
- Viewing the Emergency Safety Interventions (ESI) Video
- Completing the ESI Training Assessment - USD 207 Volunteer Form
- Viewing the School Volunteers and FERPA Video from the US Department of Education
- Submitting the USD 207 Visitor Aware Volunteer Application
Upon reviewing the USD 207 Volunteer Guidance, viewing the USD 207 Emergency Safety Interventions (ESI) Video, completing the ESI Training Assessment - USD 207 Volunteer Form, viewing the School Volunteers and FERPA Video, and submitting the USD 207 Visitor Aware Volunteer Application, applicants will receive an email including the current status of the application.
*Volunteer applications must be renewed annually.